Lost Fillings, Crowns or Inlay/Onlay
Lost Dental Restorations Cheltenham
Dental restorations like tooth fillings, crowns, and inlays/onlays can still be damaged for many reasons.
Tooth fillings may loosen due to decay below them. It can affect the tooth shape, which causes the fillings to loosen.
Crowns and bridges can also loosen because of cavities.
They can also become broken because of cracks or bad oral habits, like eating excessive hard or chewy foods.
Common Reasons for Damage
Natural Wear and Tear
Dental restorations have their breaking point. Over time, their daily participation in your teeth’s activities can cause them to weaken and break down.
Dental restorations may be strong, but that doesn’t mean you can use them up to their limits. Using teeth as tools outside their normal functions can cause significant damage.
Tooth decay is the most common purpose for getting a dental restoration. During your treatment, all infected parts are removed.
Poor oral hygiene can cause secondary cavities, weakening your tooth until it cannot hold your restorations.
Poor dental job
Poorly done dental restorations greatly affect the durability of your dental restorations.
First Aid Steps for Lost and/or Damaged Dental Restorations
If your dental restorations suddenly break, or if you think they are missing, follow these procedures:
- If dirty, clean the crown and store in it a safe place.
- Apply a little clove oil to reduce pain and sensitivity.
- Visit your Cheltenham dentist right away.
Tooth Fillings, Inlays/Onlays
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly to remove debris from restorations.
- DO NOT try to fix the restoration yourself. Let your dentist fix it.
- Do not try to put restorations back to where they used to be; doing so comes with the risk of accidentally swallowing or breathing them in.
- Apply a little clove oil using a cotton swab to reduce pain and sensitivity.
Visiting your local dentist in Cheltenham is very important to ensure that you are absolutely safe from any further risks.
Lost Dental Restorations in Cheltenham
Repairing your dental restoration depends on the severity of the damage and the type of repair needed.
If there is minor damage, your Cheltenham dentists can repair it on the same day. However, there may be some cases wherein a new dental restoration may be needed.
In case of an emergency, call your Cheltenham dentist right away.
Same-Day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in Cheltenham
We are located at Suite C, 151 Centre Dandenong Road in Cheltenham.