SAME-DAY DENTAL EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT AVAILABLE IN CHELTENHAM
Dental Emergency Cheltenham
Dental emergencies like an injury to the teeth or gums can be serious and should not be ignored.
Ignoring a dental emergency can increase the risk of more significant damage and the need for more extensive and expensive treatment.
See your Cheltenham dentist immediately.
Is it a Dental Emergency?
There are dental emergencies that may need prompt treatment, while others can wait to be treated.
Know the difference between these kinds of problems, if they occur at night or during the weekend when most dental clinics are closed.
Signs you may have a dental emergency:
- Loosened or dislodged tooth/teeth
- Continuous, heavy bleeding
- Trauma to the jaw
- Swelling associated with pain
- Toothache or dental pain
Common Dental Emergencies in Cheltenham
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm saltwater.
- Use floss to remove stuck food.
- If there is swelling in the area, apply a cold compress outside your mouth.
- DO NOT put any painkiller directly to the painful tooth.
- See your Cheltenham dentist right away.
- Pick up the tooth by its crown.
- Do not touch the root.
- Rinse the tooth. DO NOT scrub it.
- Rinse mouth with lukewarm saltwater.
- Apply a cold compress outside the affected area to lessen any swelling.
- Take an oral pain reliever.
- Avoid using a numbing gel as it can damage your gums.
- Rinse with lukewarm saltwater several times before you can see your Cheltenham dentist.
- Go to your Cheltenham dentist immediately.
Objects Stuck Between Teeth
- Remove the lodged object using dental floss.
- If you can’t, see your Cheltenham dentist.
- Do not use anything sharp and/or pointed to remove the object, as this can damage your gums and teeth.
Dental Emergency in Cheltenham
At Dentist On Warrigal Cheltenham, we are here to help you! If you’re facing a dental emergency, call your Cheltenham dentist immediately.
Same-Day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in Cheltenham
We are located at Suite C, 151 Centre Dandenong Road in Cheltenham.