Inlays and Onlays
Replace Missing Teeth for a Better Smile
Dental Restorations Cheltenham
Inlays and onlays are dental restorations that replace lost or damaged tooth structures with artificial materials with biological, physical, and functional characteristics like natural teeth.
They serve the same purpose as tooth fillings, crowns and bridges.
They are used to repair/restore a tooth, typically damaged by infection or breakage.
Inlays replace a small portion of tooth structure loss because of decay. Inlays can fit inside the tooth.
Onlays can also fit inside the tooth but may extend to the chewing surfaces of a back tooth to replace one or more cusps.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays as Dental Restorations
- Minimal removal of the tooth enamel is required
- Last longer than the other procedure like dental fillings
- Do not expand and move around
- More stain-resistant than other dental restorations
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Receiving an inlay or onlay for your tooth usually takes two appointments.
- Once your Cheltenham dentist has assessed that you are an ideal candidate for the treatment, the affected tooth is then prepared.
- The affected part of the tooth is removed, and the remaining parts are properly cleaned.
- Your Cheltenham dentist takes an impression of the tooth, which is sent to a dental laboratory for the fabrication of the restoration.
- A temporary restoration is used to cover the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being manufactured.
- During your second appointment, the finished restoration is bonded and fitted into place.
Dental Restorations in Cheltenham
If you have one or multiple teeth that are worn, damaged, or infected by a cavity, Dentist On Warrigal Cheltenham can fix it with custom-made, lifelike dental restorations, like inlays and onlays.
Visit your Cheltenham dentist today!
We are located at Suite C, 151 Centre Dandenong Road in Cheltenham.